Saturday, January 30, 2010

40th

Last night we celebrated my parents' 40th anniversary. They aren't the big party type, but I wanted to plan something special for them. I decorated our table, bought some roses, and had a few other things up my sleeve. We first ate a super tasty and easy dinner I made from a recipe my sister gave me a long time ago.

After dinner I gave them each a quiz to take. The questions were mainly about favorite memories they had of their marriage as well as things they loved about one another. It was so sweet to hear. I then showed them a video of my nieces (who live in Germany) singing Happy Anniversary. Afterward I gave them the gift from my sister and I. It was a picture of their wedding day, with a message from each of us on it. We then ate cake and ice cream. I had borrowed a fun cake pan from a friend and it turned out really well.

Happy 40th, Mom and Dad!!! Thanks for giving Susan and I such a perfect example of what a loving-always talking kindly about one another-never arguing in front of us-enjoying to be with one another-loving Christ-marriage looks like. :)

2 comments:

susan said...

Hey Kelly, well done!!! You planned a really special time!!! I'm so glad. I'm just bummed I couldn't be there - or be of more help.

I LOVE the picture gift - it turned out great!!!

I don't remember that recipe at all!! Is it good? =) Should I make it??? =)

Donna Stark said...

Oh, it was a peeeeeeeeeeeerfect celebration night! Absolutely nothing was missing (except the dear Tweedys--:o). I LOVE the picture & messages (I cried)...the video of the Tweedy girls singing was adorable...the questionnaire was fun...the dinner was delicious...the cake awesome...the roses beautiful...and the company & conversation superb! Thank you SOOOOO much for all your hard work!! (Even doing research on the 70's! :o) I am SOOOOOO blessed!!!!