Monday, January 18, 2010

day off

This morning on the radio the DJ said, "It is a wet one out there. If you have the day off from work, it's a great day to snuggle up with some hot chocolate and watch movies."

I turned to Kendall and said, "Looks like I should be getting the day off from work today. Can I snuggle up and watch movies all day in bed?". I think her blank stare was a definite "NO".

Hmmm..."Cameron, today I'm supposed to be off from work. Can I stay in bed and watch movies?". His look said, "I don't think so, mom. But look on the bright side, I have an ear infection and should be extra cheerful today!" (in his defense, after some Tylenol, he really has been quite fine).

Ahhh...staying at home.

5 comments:

Donna Stark said...

HA! Yes, those cute comments from the radio don't apply to mommies, do they?

Jessica said...

**smiling and nodding in agreement**

Jen Scholte said...

I like to think...ahhh...kids! Days off just aren't what they used to be!

Jana said...

That is one big bummer to being a stay at home mom... you live at your office and there's always work to be done.

susan said...

OOOOOOOOOOhhhh I relate!!!! =) It's like hearing people saying, "Yes!! It's Friday! It's almost the weekend!!"

And you think, "Weekend? What is THAT???"