Wednesday, January 13, 2010

spaghetti

Tonight I made spaghetti. Looks pretty good, huh?



The secret is that the noodles you see are actually strands of spaghetti squash. I made this a long time ago and decided to give it another try. It's super easy. After putting the halved squash in the microwave, I just shredded it onto the plate. The best part? 1 cup of pasta has 200 calories. 1 cup of squash has 40! :)

I loved it. Chris? Not so much. But keep in mind that he is REALLY not a vegetable guy. So if you like vegetables (or at least can tolerate them), you should give this a try. :)

5 comments:

The Bagley Bunch said...

YUM! I think I just might give this a try :)

krista said...

looks good to me! i love spaghetti squash!

Donna Stark said...

Do you just drag a fork across the squash to shred it?

Kelly said...

Yes, you just drag the fork. The directions say to cook it in the microwave (split in half, cut side down) for 5-7 min. in some water. I found it took over 20 to get it pretty mushy, like noodles. Oven might be better.

susan said...

I've heard of this but was intimidated to try - sounds like it's not too hard. Yes, much healthier! So were the kids fooled - did they eat it?