Sunday, January 31, 2010

walking

Lately Kendall has turned a corner. She didn't used to be that great at walks. She would quickly get squirmy in the stroller and I would end up carrying her the rest of the way home. But lately she has really taken to it and I'm so glad. I love going on walks because...

*It is something for us to do while Cam is at school. How many times can we switch rooms to play with different toys? :)
*It's good for her to be outside and viewing different scenery.
*It's an instant boost. When I'm feeling down or just stir crazy, I immediately feel better once we start out on a walk.
*It's good exercise.
*It's interesting. Before having kids, I NEVER went for walks for the sake of going for a walk. I love how having kids forces me to get out and I always enjoy seeing who is sitting outside of Starbucks, taking their dog for a walk, walking home from school, etc.
*It gives me a little "me" time. Walking is one time where I don't have to be "on" as a mom. I can relax and listen to music. Today's playlist included Jimmy Buffet, Jason Moraz, and Phil Collins (I know, quite a random list).

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Ouuu, it's amazing how something as small-sounding as your baby starting to like walks can make such a wonderful difference. Waydago, Kendall!