Saturday, January 16, 2010

beautiful?

So Jessica nominated me for a "Beautiful Blogger Award" and I have to come up with some random things about myself. But let's back up. Beautiful? Is this referring to my layout? Because Jessica, let's be honest, my template is a standard one by blogger. Not too pretty. But thanks, and I'll still do the random thoughts! :)

1. I used to have the same lunch every day of the week back when I worked as a secretary. Chicken Salad sandwich. I find that I can literally have the same thing days on end and not get tired of it, which is funny considering how much I love to cook.

2. I don't like crafts. If I had to be good at something "crafty", it would be sewing. I would love to sew my own clothes. But honestly, sometimes the fabric and pattern can cost more than a shirt at Target!

3. I have some strange resistance to joining Facebook. I enjoy blogging because it's more personal and you can write more. I don't want to add one more thing to my computer time. I will say one thing about Facebook (from peeking on Chris's account), which is that those quizzes about what superhero you would be have got to be the silliest things I've ever read.

4. I have NEVER had a chocolate dessert that is too rich or that, "Oh, I can only take one bite!". I challenge anyone to give me a recipe or direct me to a restaurant dessert that would be too rich.

5. Our loft upstairs is designated as the "toy area", meaning I don't care that toys are spread across the room 24/7. But in other places of the house (like the living room), I HATE for toys to be left out. I'll usually clean them up during nap time, even though I know they'll come right back out an hour later.

6. One time I left my wallet on top of my car at a gas station. Stupid. Another time I left it in the front compartment of my grocery cart. Again, stupid.

7. I used to think The Duggars (the family with 19 kids) were a little too cheesy. However the more I watched them, the more respect I gained for the parents. Those are some of the most well mannered kids I've ever seen. Kudos to them.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Although your layout is nice for a standard one, I have to admit I think your words and thoughts are what is beautiful :)

I totally agree with you on the Duggars! I've recently thought the same thing.

I too pick up toys and straighten up the house during naptime. I can't have toys strewn about ALL the time.

susan said...

Yes, surely it isn't your layout because it is B-O-R-I-N-G boring!!! Not quite an eyesore, but approaching one.

Sisters can say things like this. It's allowed.

I think that, being married to a GRAPHIC DESIGN artist, you need to let Chris show off his stuff a bit by making your blog better-looking.

It must be referring to YOU - and with that, I would agree. You're beautiful inside and out.

Fun post to read!

And I agree with you on the Duggars!! I have so much respect for them. I can't help but think God must be SO honored by the way they are raising their kids - which is all that matters when it's all said and done, in my mind. =)