Wednesday, March 3, 2010

bucket list

I recently went to a get together with my small group from my Bible study. One of the questions we all were asked had to do with our bucket lists. Honestly I had never thought about mine nor made a list of things I HAVE to do before I die. I was able to come up with two that night.

1. Visit Atlantis: Ever since Chris and I first saw the hotel (just in pictures), we've told each other that one day we'll vacation there. For some reason it just seems like it must be the most relaxing, amazing, beautiful place to stay. I think having two little ones makes it seem all that more magical because it represents a week filled with absolutely no responsibility.



2. Starbucks: I've always wanted to work at Starbucks. When I was in high school, I worked at a bagel shop and loved it. I loved serving people, getting to know the regulars, etc. I think it would feel good to make people happy by making their oh so specific drink requests.



My bucket list really isn't that lofty nor impressive. I don't have grand ambitions of traveling the world nor jumping out of a plane. And while I don't know if either will every come to fruition, it's kind of fun to think about. :)

8 comments:

susan said...

Hm, I would have thought one of yours would be visiting your dear sister. =)

susan said...

Hm, I would have thought one of them would be to visit your wonderful sister. =)

Kelly said...

Susan, these are things you've NEVER done you ding bat. :)

Jessica said...

I loved working at the bagel shop too :) I've also always thought that resort looks amazing.

It is fun to think about a bucket list... I've never really done that.

Donna Stark said...

Yes, that bagel shop was a good job. Don't know if you remember, but we steered you away from your first choice of a job--working in a video store. We didn't want you being surrounded by those monitors all the time playing R-rated movies. :o)

Jana said...

Where is Atlantis?

sfitz said...

I really want to work at Trader Joe's someday. It's my happy place. :-)

susan said...

Oh, what does "bucket" mean then?

Mom, that's funny! I vaguely remember that. I'm sure her second mom helped out with that one. =)