Monday, March 15, 2010

muffin redo

It's always hard to come up with something other than a sandwich to send in Cam's lunch each day. I often send my veggie muffins (muffins with pureed veggies dumped in the dough), but I don't like that they don't have any protein. When I was looking through the different bags of frozen veggies at the store, I came across Black Eyed Peas. I was surprised to find that they have tons of protein! So Cam's latest batch of muffins also includes pureed Black Eyed Peas. He was none the wiser upon sampling and I felt better about including them as his main "entree" in his school lunch.

Kendall wanted a sample, but I think these are a little advanced for her. :)

Just for good measure, here is a pic I snapped the other day of my cute little family.

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

The stealth muffin maker--you go, girl!

susan said...

Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are also a good source of protein. I pureed them and put then in chocolate chip cookies (Seinfeld recipe) and the girls and I thought they were great. Chris wasn't fooled though!

I also REALLY like her peanut butter banana muffins. (PB for the protein.) The girls do too.

Lovely deception!

Cute family picture!

Charlee said...

I think that canalini beans have it in them too and are not too noticiable espically in baked goods. There are also some free recipes on www.thesneakychef.com that hides stuff in food as does the seinfeld recipes.Another way to sneak protein in is Barilla pasta plus the whole grain pasta has protein and DHA in it and has no taste difference and if you cover it in sauce they never know.