Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Dearest Kendall,
Ahhh, what words should be said after a night like last night? After letting your new habit of waking twice a night go for too long, I finally decided to do something about it. I know you aren't supposed to compare siblings, but I would like to mention that Cameron started sleeping 12 hours a night at 8 months...and never looked back. YOU, on the other hand, have been quite different.

Last night was rough. After an HOUR AND 20 MINUTES of crying, I finally gave in. You won. Mommy guilt wouldn't let me wait any longer. But Kendall, as you gaze at your pretty little face in that mirror...



...ask yourself this question: "Why do I make my mommy's nights so miserable?".

Your loving but sleep deprived mom,
Kelly

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

An hour & 20 minutes...you little stinker!

Kristen said...

Ahhhh, no good!!!! O is almost 7mo, so I know maybe I should cut him a little more slack (??), but I am in the same boat as you. We don't need to hang out at 1am... and then again at 4am... I am gearing up to do something about it. Let me know if you have any magic tricks!! :)

PS- She is SO CUTE!!! I'm really starting to see more and more of a resemblance to you!!!

susan said...

Oh Kelly I am SOOOO sorry!!! That really stinks!!! =( That is just SO rough! =(

One day you will really miss all those night feedings.

Just kidding. You won't! And feel free to smack anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. =)

Jessica said...

If it makes you feel any better Alayna cried off and on for 4 hours, then the next night it was 3 hours, then 2 hours, then 1 hour.... then sleep! Some kids are just way more stubborn!