Monday, March 8, 2010

shopping

Yesterday's paper was quite exciting for me. Anybody see the cover of the Target ad? Yep! My swimsuit went on sale. So off Kendall and I went this morning. The only problem was that they had my size in the top, but not the bottom. I figured I could still make it work, so I went ahead and bought the whole thing.

However this brings me to the point of my post, which is the difference in shopping with kids. I could have tried on the bottoms to see if they would fit. Kendall was quite content chewing on her little teething biscuit (and making quite a mess). But did I REALLY want to wheel my big cart into the dressing room, risk her not staying content, and rush through the mental process of, "Do I really like this? What did that other size look like in comparison? Blah, blah, blah."

Shopping is SO different now. I never thought I would purchase so many items without trying them on. Thank goodness for return policies. Especially when I have both kids with me, there is no way in heck I'm gong to take the time to try things on. I can't just try something on, take a quick glance and decide that I want or don't want it. I'm sure many girls are the same way, but I have to look at it from all angles. Analyze if I already have something similar. Is it worth it? Should I try a different size? Color? You know what I mean.

Anyway, all that to say shopping is no longer like it was in high school and college. Then we could spend as much time as we wanted (I say "we" because I rarely ever did it without friends!) in the dressing room, analyzing each other till our hearts content. :) Ahhh...the good ol' days!

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Yes, and I seem to remember you and Chalet & Jen going shopping JUST to try on formals...even though you didn't intend to buy. Just "somethin' to do."

Kelly said...

We didn't just try them on, mom. It was a full on photo shoot in that dressing room!!!