Tuesday, April 20, 2010

get ready for sappy stuff...

When I first quit my job, I thought it would be super easy. I was a little surprised initially at how much I missed it. I realized I had really enjoyed the sense of fullfilment/accomplishment I felt after each day. I enjoyed helping low performing kids get to graduation day or the new freshmen plan their first class.

However it took no time at all before I was completely in love with my new job of full time mommy. I realized I just needed to change my definition of what my "fulfillment" was. Who would have thought that dropping coins into a piggy bank to make Kendall laugh would bring me just as much joy...just a different kind. :)

One thing I do NOT miss from my old job, was the sports supervision. I don't care for sports...at all. So to have to sit through game after game was sometimes torture for me. But on the flip side, I could sit through 10 t-ball games in a row and love every single minute of them. :)

Sidenote: Cam and his team sure were troopers for this picture session. It was FREEZING that day. I can't believe we even got this good of a shot!


I know when I go back to my old career, I'll look back on these years with huge FONDNESS. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where's the sap? I heard gratitude, not sap! :) Funny how the world and our perspective shifts so dramatically when we become parents--things that were once such a big deal are not so important anymore!

Jessica said...

I don't care for sports at all either... but I'm sure I'll be the same way with my own kids :)