Monday, April 5, 2010

tortillas

Lately, whenever we go to Palm Springs, we'll pick up a dozen homemade tortillas from a small restaurant out there. They are to die for. I was determined to recreate them but have not been able to. I actually went as far as buying real lard (I was actually somewhat embarrassed to buy it because it is so nasty), but I still didn't come close to the taste. I have no idea how they make them so delicious. I guess it's just one of those things we'll always have to buy.



On an unrelated note, tonight is THE NIGHT. Yes, sleep training begins. I've finally run out of excuses and my little princess needs to learn that she is far too chunkalicious to need to eat during the night. I'll let you know how it goes in several days...

2 comments:

susan said...

Can you buy a ton and freeze them?

Too chunkalicious!!! Love it!!! =) I'll pray for the training. Never fun at the time. =(

Jessica said...

hehehe.... chunkalicious... love that....totally made me chuckle.

Hope your first night of sleep training wasn't bad. It's so not fun, but so worth it.

We had to let Alayna CIY last night too. I had been getting up with her twice a night since she has a cold. I now regret that because now we have to go back to square one with crying it out! Hopefully it doesn't take as long this time.