Sunday, April 11, 2010

update

*Saturday our friends, Jeremy and Ana, and their kids came for the day. Jeremy and Chris played golf, while the girls stayed back with the kids. We always have such an amazing time with them and HATE the fact that we live an hour away. We ended their visit with what has now become a tradition, a dinner of carne asada fries from the Mexican restaurant up the street.

*This morning was one of my favorite mornings we have had lately. We went to Panera Bread for breakfast. Cam was WAY excited about his "Bagel-donut" (aka Cinnamon Crunch). After breakfast, we headed over to the park to feed the ducks. Kendall needed a nap and while she was down, Chris took Cam to a park near our house which was hosting a remote control car rally. Cam was in heaven, especially when the cars would crash into one another. It was such a fun morning and it was one of those times that I realized how in love with my family I am. :)

*Kendall's sleep training still continues. I would have thought we would have had it mastered by now. I will say that there is improvement, just not quite as much as I had hoped for at this point.

*Speaking of Kendall, she has been SOO amazingly cute lately. I never thought a baby could giggle and smile as much as she does. Man is she getting fun.

*I rented Time Traveler's wife tonight. Chris said he would watch some with me, but couldn't commit to the whole thing. Ha :) After 15 minutes, I was done. I have such little patience for movies that I don't find interesting. This one was super confusing and I didn't feel like waiting it out to see if I could eventually understand it. Oh well. Thanks to Red Box, we are only out $1.

*Tomorrow I call the pre school I'm trying to get Cam into (they'll hopefully know if there will be space for him). For the summer, I'd like him to do two days at his special ed school (that he currently attends) and two days at a "typical" school. I know he'll do great as he adores Sunday School. I just want him to be around other kids (in a structured environment) that have more speech and social skills so that hopefully he can learn/grow more in those areas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear Kendall's giggle! Can you get it on video!? :) I absolutely LOVE baby giggles!!

Charlee said...

I hope you get a spot. Breven has done awesome in a typical school setting I think it improved a lot of our issues we had at home. I know Breven has different issues but I can tell you that some of them have had big improvements since September.