Friday, August 13, 2010

almond butter


Since Cam eats peanut butter like it's his job, I decided to try Almond Butter simply because almonds are so good for you and he won't eat them plain. The verdict? I don't think Almond Butter is that tasty. It isn't very salty (which I love about PB) and I just don't think the flavor is very good. The good news, however, is that Cam can't tell a difference. :)

p.s. I must give a very random side note to those who live in the Redlands area. Today we met a friend and her kids at Ford Park. As Kendall was wandering about, I discovered a 5 inch lobster (Chris said it was maybe a craw fish???) crawling across the grass. Going to be honest and say it was a little freaky. What if I had been over with Cam and not been right there with her? It was just a large grassy field, after all. Yikes! So beware if you are at that park. Here is the pic I took with my phone. Don't those pinchers look nasty?

5 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, my GOSH! Where would THAT have come from????

krista said...

Okay, that is just weird! It would have freaked me out too!!!

Bonnie said...

Wow, we have gone to that park often and never seen one. James agreed that it's a craw fish, but he doesn't think that they will be wandering out of the water very often (if it even did come from the water).

Where did you buy your almond butter? I've thought about giving it a try, but never made a real effort at finding it. :)

I'm so happy for Ruthie! I've seen her and Jason at church a few times, but never at a good time to stop and say "congratulations."

Charlee said...

I would have freaked out as well!

So almond butter worked? May have to try that Breven lives on peanutbutter on bread for breakfast. But he eats raw almonds he prefers cashewes!

Kelly said...

Bonnie-Trader Joes is by far the cheapest place to find almond butter. Granted, it's about $3 more than PB ($4.99), but I've seen it for $8 a can and I'm not willing to do that!