Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chris left Friday morning for Vegas. Shortly after, I headed over to my parents' and my mom and I went to Victoria Gardens. We had a picnic lunch, let Cam ride the train, and I introduced her to the Bass Pro Shop. Cam loves the boats and was again very excited to get into each one and play around. We headed back and made a quick stop by Frugos before getting home. Whenever Chris is gone, I like to get some yogurt and put it in the freezer for later. It's a nice treat to look forward to once the kids are down. :)



Saturday morning we met some friends (fellow early birds) at the park. Cam had a great time playing and I got to visit. After Kendall's nap, I dropped Cam off at my dad's office since he would be spending the day and night with my parents (he LOVES when he gets to do this). Kendall and I headed out to a friend's house in Orange County (her husband was with Chris in Vegas). We met at a park, then hung out at her place for a few hours. We had such a great time and talked non-stop the entire time.

Kendall and I with Ana and Mia (sorry so blurry)


This morning we went to church to do the Cam exchange. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to keep us busy until Chris arrives home. It sounds like he had another fun trip, made all the more awesome due to the fact that when he played golf yesterday morning, he hit a hole in one!! I didn't realize that many golfers go their entire lives without every doing this. We are all very excited for him. :)

p.s. I want to add that I have been SOO frustrated lately with my driving. Sometimes I feel like I'm the most ditsy driver ever. On Friday, I drove 15 minutes passed Victoria Gardens because my mom and I were talking. Then yesterday, I missed my exit for Ana's house because I was engrossed in a Dr. Laura. Can I not talk and drive at the same time? I do this ALL the time!!

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, don't be hard on yourself--missing exits is not a terrible character flaw! :o)

I had a great time at Victoria Gardens (what a great place to go with kids) & the Bass Pro Shop is one incredible place!!

And our little overnighter was so sweet--wanting to "talk about things" as I put him to bed. :o)

Anonymous said...

I have heard so many great things about Bass Pro Shop! I know I should take my kids there!! :)

We have to plan a time to get together again! Way back when our double date fell through and that is just tragic. :( :( Must reschedule! LOVE YA