Tuesday, August 3, 2010

first day

Today was Cam's first day at his new school. A while back, his special ed teacher and I decided that it would be a great idea to have him attend her class two days a week, then attend a "typical" preschool the other two days. He has made so much progress socially and verbally, however we felt these areas would improve at faster rate if he were to be around "typical" children more (meaning kids who talk and play/interact appropriately).

This morning I took him with the intention of staying a while, just so he could get acclimated. I stayed a whopping 4 minutes. He went right in with me and began playing with the toys. I told him that I would be going and would be back later to pick him up. He responded, "OK, sure!!". What a little champ! When I went to pick him up, he was so happy and his teacher said he did great! I'm very anxious and excited about this new atmosphere for him and I can only imagine the kind of progress we will soon see.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been meaning to call/e-mail you to ask how the new school has been. I'm glad that he did so well! :)

Donna Stark said...

Yeah, sure!!!! You go, Cam!!

susan said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!! Yay for you, Cameron!!!! Oh I'm so HAPPY to hear the first day went so well!!