Saturday, August 21, 2010

girls weekend

This weekend was/is another girls weekend for Kendall and I as Chris and Cam headed up to his parents' yesterday. Normally I drive out to OC and visit a friend, but I decided to stick around here. Friday we went to Victoria Gardens for a few hours. This morning we baked some of these cookies that I've blogged about before. This time I used chocolate chip cookie dough instead and they were wonderful.




Later, after being down for over an hour without any sign of sleep, I got Kendall up from her "nap" and we headed out to Palm Springs (BTW-she fell asleep on the way). I figured even though Chris and Cam weren't here, I would still do our regular weekend outing. So we first started out at Costco, where we both enjoyed some yummy samples.



Next we hit the mall and were there for a long time. She wore me out walking around everywhere, but it was nice to be out of the heat. I realized that while the best option to be thrifty is to not bring your wallet to the mall, the next best option is to go with a 15 month old. She really provides zero opportunity for browsing. :)

On the way home, we went by Petco to see some dogs (it was adoption weekend), however we got there right after they left. :( We hung out for a while at home, then she went to bed VERY early due to her crappy nappy day. Right now I'm about to have some dinner and watch a made for TV movie on Hallmark. Tomorrow we'll head to church and then see what outing I can think up. :)

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

You got to Petco after the dogs left??? Do pet stores still have dogs for sale...or am I behind the times?

Kelly said...

It was a special "adoption weekend", so they had dogs brought in for people to adopt.