Tuesday, April 24, 2012

couple food things

*I decided to try my hand at making my own beans, rather than buying them canned. We go through quite a lot considering I eat them frequently for lunch and puree them often for the kids pancakes/waffles. I also like the idea of not having any added salt. It was quite easy actually and a pretty good savings cost-wise. Basically I would normally spend about 80 cents on a can of black beans. For the same amount that comes in a can, I spent only 25 cents. :) Not bad!

*Tonight's dinner (Sweet Balsamic Glazed Pork)was a 10+++ for me. Chris gave it only a 7, but it could be that you need to have a liking for stronger tasting sauces. I honestly thought you could pour it over any meat and it would be amazing. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you like spicier things than Chris?
Mom

Kelly said...

It wasn't spicy at all...just had a strong sweet taste.

Jessica said...

oh, that pork looks yummy, I'm going to give that a try... and maybe add some cayenne pepper to the sauce :)