Sunday, April 15, 2012

weekend

Saturday morning I had about 4 hours to myself while Chris took the kids to breakfast and errands. It was VERY nice. In the evening we had some friends over for dinner. Both kids had a great time and even stayed up until 8:00 (gasp!) because of all the fun they were having. :)

Today we had some BEAUTIFUL weather. Chris took the kids to the park then home for lunch after 2nd service since I needed to stay late. I then met my mom at Michael's to get a few things. On my way I got my free birthday Frappuchino from Starbucks. Back when Starbucks changed their formula for frapps so you could customize them more, they also changed them to the point that I didn't really LOVE them like I used to. Well, I've finally discovered my perfect drink again: Coffee frapp made with soy milk. Ahhh...it's good to be back. :)



When I returned Cam and I did some baking during Kendall's nap. I posted a while back about Biscoff Spread, which I had seen on several cooking blogs. Chris bought me some yesterday morning at the store. It is pretty decadent. It tastes somehow like buttery, cinnamon cookies in peanut butter form. Anyway, we made these and they were SCRUMPTIOUS. The saltiness of the Biscoff adds quite a yummy layer to the cookie (I used choc chips instead of white choc).



Soon after I got back we went over to the friends whom had come the previous night. They had recently built a climbing wall in their garage and we wanted the kids to try it out. We stayed for dinner, which was delicious.




1 comment:

Jannae said...

Loveeee starbucks fraps! & glad you got a free one for your bday! Way to work the system:)
My blog link: http://the1thompsonfamily.blogspot.com
and my email..if you need it..
mommyt2@ymail.com