Wednesday, April 18, 2012

my birthday

We started my birthday morning with a walk (kids road bikes) up to get donuts and Starbucks for breakfast (my donut complete with a candle brought by Chris). I didn't feel like going to speech so we played hookey and went to our library playtime. We are never able to go because of speech so it was neat to take the kids after it had been so long.

After school we all headed over to my parents' for a hike and birthday dinner. The hike was pretty warm so we weren't gone too long, but it's always fun to try new ones. Back at their house we enjoyed my choice for my birthday dinner and a yummy cake for dessert. Earlier in the day Kendall had requested that my cake have Tinkerbell on top, so my mom printed out a picture, colored it, and stuck it on top. Very cute. :)

I love how my dad looks like we added him in because of his wacky angle. :)


Overall I had a very fun day and felt very loved. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good...because you are V-E-R-Y LOVED!! I had a great time too--as I always do with y'all.

And eating out on the patio was so great! It's so much more relaxing and pleasant and every good word I can think of...over eating inside.
I love it, love it, love it.

Mom

Jessica deBruyn said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day, and so special to celebrate it with family. And, I also LOVE that pizza. I have made it since seeing it on your blog, and have to agree that it is absolutely the perfect combination of flavors! =)

krista said...

Sounds like a great day- Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!

Susan said...

Happy birthday!!!! I LOVE this recipe too! =)