Friday, April 13, 2012

*A WinCo/Costo trip was on the agenda this afternoon. However the weather made me rethink the potential hassle of this trip (like Kendall insisting on carrying her own umbrella to and from places...however not quite grasping to carry it OVER her head). Instead we turned on Aladdin, which we had checked out from the library. I can't believe I still know almost all the words to every song.

*The other day at Bible Study our speaker asked a question to "all you gals in your 20's". For the first few seconds I perked up as I'm still used to considering myself to be in my 20's. But my 33rd birthday next week brings me back to reality. :)

*Generally people are "sweet" or "salty" when it comes to their favorite foods. I'm sweet all the way, however I will say that I am a sucker for plain tortilla ships. No fancy flavors, just regular. I could eat an entire bag. I especially like to dip them in plain sour cream. Yum.

*We were supposed to scout out a possible hiking trail for my hiking club tomorrow, but this rain will likely leave the trails too muddy. :(

*We are having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night. Menu: BBQ chicken, rice, rolls. I'm thinking of swapping the rice for a veggie. I feel funny not serving a veggie. Should I?

*We ordered Kendall's bedding last night. I was so excited that my gift card covered the whole thing!

*Chris and I rented The Descendants for tonight.

p.s. In reading over this post, I realized I didn't remember if I would be 32 or 33. Wow. Without doing the math, I honestly could not tell you. Let's see...33. :)

6 comments:

susan said...

Love the "picture" of Kendall and her umbrella! =) I do think you should swap a starch out for a vegetable - a side salad or green beans, maybe? =) Or broccoli? I have a thing about thinking green should be respresented at as many meals as possible. (With the exception of breakfast! =) You can toast almonds and steam onions along with the vegetables to make them more exciting. =)

Kelly said...

I know, Susan, you are right. When we have company, I like to "set and forget" while I'm getting everything else ready. Rice is easier to do that with than veggies. They take more babysitting. :) But I decided to go ahead and do the veg. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute bedding!! I bet Kendall's going to love it!
Mom

krista said...

The bedding is super cute! Saw you from a distance at church today. You guys have a cute family. And I don't like you for loving and eating tortilla chips and sour cream and being fit and skinny ;) Just kidding, but that sounds very yummy.

What did you think of The Descendants?

Kelly said...

We really liked The Descendants. It's by no means a cheerful movie, but it was VERY well acted and had an interesting plot. Worth seeing.

krista said...

We rented it. I agree with your review! Thanks :)