Friday, April 20, 2012

graphic design

A while back Chris designed a flyer for our friend Jeremy's work (a non-profit health clinic) fundraiser. He and Ana invited us to attend with them. There were a couple dozen restaurants who all offered their take on tacos. It was fun to try the different ones and I came away from the night having sampled THE BEST taco I have ever had as well as THE BEST cheesecake I have ever had. The taco was shredded beef with the most amazing macadamia nut sauce. Oh my goodness. The cheesecake was plain, but just perfect. I went back twice for the cheesecake and headed back for a third time but they were out. :)

Here is the flyer he created for the event.


Anyway, we had a really nice evening with them and it was a different date night than our typical, "browse Barnes and Noble in Redlands then hit Claim Jumper." Not that we don't enjoy those nights...this was just a fun change. :)




When I tell people that Chris is a graphic designer, they often ask what that entails. I thought I’d share some of his work and talk a bit about what he does. Basically, anything that a company, church, non-profit, or anybody needs put into print or on the web, he designs. From branding (logos), flyers, postcards, mailers, newsletters, websites, he has the capability to do it all. Besides that, he also handles the printing for the majority of his clients, which is actually pretty unique for a designer. I'm constantly amazed at what he comes up with. I'm so proud of how talented he is. If you want to look more at what he does, take a look at his website. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely MY favorite graphic designer!!!!! I love his stuff!
Mom

susan said...

Oh I like that flier! And how fun to get to sample those foods. =) Are you gonna try to recreate the tacos? I'm intrigued by the macadamia sauce - who woulda thunk?!

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun... And that sounds like a very tasty taco.

I'd say your hubby is pretty talented as well, I always get compliments on my logo and business cards :-)