Thursday, April 12, 2012

ebelskivers, a.k.a. "pop-up puffs"

One of my birthday presents from my in-laws was an Ebelskiver pan. I had seen one on a cooking website and thought it looked very fun. I love it!! Basically they are little soft, fluffy pancake clouds. You can make them sweet for breakfast or dessert by filling them with a few chocolate chips, cinnamon apples, etc. Or you can go the savory route and fill them with cheese, chicken, etc. You can then dip them in whatever goes with your filling like syrup, BBQ sauce, ranch, etc. As cheesy as it sounds, the possibilties are endless!



Anyway, they were very fun to make and sooo yummy! The kids and I made them for breakfast this morning (I called them "Pop-up Puffs" for them) We put a few chocolate chips in each and the kids gobbled them up. I'm very excited to try lots of different fillings now. :) If you are interested in how they work, here is Rachael Ray to show you.



p.s. I've mentioned before that Cameron "threatens" Kendall a lot when she fusses or argues with him. His threats are very interesting. Here is one just spoken while they were in the bath.

Cameron: Kendall, if you argue you are NOT going to turn 3. You will have to wait until next year to celebrate because we will make your birthday then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Rachel Ray is an Ebelskiver evangelist!!! They do look awfully cute!

Interesting consequence for Kendall if she doesn't quit fussing. :)

Mom