Sunday, April 1, 2012

snipits from our weekend

*Last week we checked out a book from the library entitled, Cupcake. At the end is a real recipe for vanilla cupcakes. As soon as Cam read it he was determined we make some of our own. I made it a little more fun by adding some candy to each one.



I was a tad grossed out at a couple of their candy choices...Smarties and Candy Corn :)


*I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that we ate at Wienerschnizel over the weekend. I'm not a fan of the healthiness of that choice but, A) It's cheap B) The one here is new and nice and C) The kids love it. Afterward we drove around and discovered a new hiking place to try in the next couple of weeks.



*Cam starting talking about insects today. During Kendall's nap we created an insect info sheet with facts about different kinds of insects. Did you know there are also pink, yellow, orange, and black ladybugs? Did you know killer bees are no more dangerous than regular bees? They just attack in groups.

*This morning I was in a very foul mood. I was short with the kids which made me frustrated with myself because they weren't even doing much, other than Kendall telling me 50+ times that she didn't want to wear the dress I had put on her. :)

*On the weekends we've started having Cam "rest" in our room while Kendall naps. He never sleeps nor even stays in bed. Yesterday he apparently got into my closet and came downstairs like this.

That is a hat on his head, not underwear. :)


*Friends have told me about the fruit/veg stand in Yucaipa. I finally went a couple weeks ago and I'm officially a fan. Check out what I boughtf for $9.64!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute post :-) Glad you liked the fruit stand! Their treats are awfully yummy too ;-)

I'll pass on the candycorn cupcakes, lol.

Weinersnitzel... Definitely my last choice in fast food, lol. I've heard they have good corn dogs.

Anonymous said...

Ditto for the Yucaipa vegetable stand! I'm going to try your chicken nugget recipe this week.
Hmmmm, are you sure those aren't panties on his head? :)
Mom

Ross and Amy Free said...

Dodgers sweatshirt?

Kelly said...

Ross, you would be surprised that his dad actually let him out of the house TWICE that day with that on in addition to his game. :)