Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Easter weekend started with a trip to Chris' brother's house. We had a fun time hanging out, letting the kids play a ton, going on an Easter Egg hunt, and enjoying a delicious lunch. I altered one of my favorite cake recipes to make individual dessert servings. I don't think they came out quite as pretty as I had hoped, but they tasted wonderful. :)



I had extra brownie scraps which I formed into egg shapes and covered with white candy coating and sprinkles for the kids.



How adorable are these dresses my MIL bought for the girls? I love that they aren't the traditional pastel flower type.




Sunday morning we headed to church for a really neat service which included a very powerful video montage of the crucifixion and Jesus walking out of the tomb. Really moving. By the time we had made it to church, Cameron had mastered the, "He is risen!! He is risen, indeed!!!"

After church we went on a fun hike with my parents.




We came back to our house for lunch with my parents and another egg hunt (filling the eggs with the same candy they collected yesterday!). After my parents left Chris took the kids to the park .

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! Looks like you were hiking in Crafton Hills?

susan said...

Hey, sure wish we could have joined you for the hike and lunch on Easter with Mom and Dad. Tell us what is in those intriguing desserts!

Kelly said...

Bottom layer brownie, then German Choc frosting, then cheesecake, then repeat. :)

Anonymous said...

The desserts were awesome! And the view of the whole valley at the top of the hike was beautiful.

Yes, it was Crafton Hills, Jessica.

Mom