Tuesday, October 16, 2012

pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!!!


There have been so many recipes I've read about which include pumpkin.  I'm anxious to try a pumpkin enchilada recipe Chris' uncle sent me.  I know I'll love them because the past couple of days I've REALLY fallen in love with using pumpkin in savory foods.  First off, last night I made cottage cheese pancakes and cut the butter down and added pumpkin instead.  With a little jelly on them (they do need some sort of topping) the kids gobbled them up!!

Secondly, today for lunch I had my second meal of basically a stir fry with pureed pumpkin acting as the sauce.  Today's bowl included spaghetti squash, potato wedges, onions, pumpkin, and parmesan cheese.


I figured this would become a regular for me in the next few weeks, so I went ahead and froze some pumpkin in ice cube trays so they would be easy to pop out and into my bowls. :)  



I can't believe I've never tried this stuff in things other than breads and desserts! :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you use canned pumpkin or cook it from the pumpkin itself?

Kelly said...

I use canned pumpkin. I may like to do things from scratch...but that would be pushing it a little for me! :)

Jessica said...

Oh, I want that enchilada recipe! Good idea with the stir fry. Now you made me want to experiment :-)

Anonymous said...

No, canned is good. :)