Monday, October 8, 2012

*Today Kendall and I took such a nice walk to the grocery store.  Heat, please stay just a little longer!  While there I picked up a can of pumpkin.  I'm determined to make some sort of savory/dinner dish with it as this has been on my "want to experiment with" list for a loooong time.

*Yesterday was a Palm Springs afternoon.  Costco lunch was followed by a delightful array of samples.  Usually I don't even attempt to get Chris to try veggie patties.  However when I tasted the Morning Star "Sausage" Patties, I just knew he had to at least give them a shot.  Verdict?  He REALLY liked them!   I can't believe my husband actually will be eating veggie patties for breakfast.  Woohoo!!!



*Lastly, I feel a little proud of my latest accomplishment.  I've NEVER been into crafts or DIY home projects.  However one of Kendall's walls had remained blank for far too long.  After seeing some super cute butterfly decals at the 99 cent store, I decided to make a go at a mural I found online.  It was so easy.  I drew the tree in pencil and painted it with some leftover paint we still had from her room.  It was actually very fun and I find myself now gazing upon other walls in our house wondering what I could do with them. :)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your mural is darling!!

~Kari

Jen Scholte said...

KELLY!!!! Your mural is SO cute! I always knew you would like crafts if you just gave in!! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, just had to share my favorite savory pumpkin dish. It's Crockpot Turkey Pumpkin Chili from the Skinnytaste website. Really healthy, and really good!

Heather Heckler

susan said...

THAT MURAL IS DARLING!!!!!! I feel inspired!!! =)