Sunday, May 25, 2014

mac n' cheese burger

Last night Chris and I went out to the desert while my parents stayed back and watched the kids. Our first stop was a drop off for me at Starbucks where I got a drink and read while Chris went to a few golf stores. Sidenote: This was the first time in a long time a Starbucks has actually made my drink as hot as I requested it. I always ask for, "scalding hot" and it's RARELY hot enough. Not yesterday! :)

Next we headed to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

We both decided to branch out and get something we've never had before. My meal was a huge success and I would totally get it again. It was a Cuban, with roasted pork, ham, and cheese. Kind of a lot of meat for a person who rarely eats meat, but it really hit the spot as I was starving. :)


Chris got a hamburger that we have always seen on the menu, but never had the guts to try...the Mac n' Cheese burger. You can see in the picture the mound of mac n' cheese in the center. It was good, but we both agreed that the pasta flavor kind of overpowered the burger. Oh well, it was fun for him to test out. :)

Afterward we walked around The River (where Cheesecake was) and went into Forever 21. Who does this top totally remind you of???? Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell!!! Right??





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like quite a skinny guy with that mac and cheese burger. Forgot to tell you what a cute top you had on too.

We had fun back at the homestead--lots of neighborhood kids playing in the front with Cameron and Kendall.

Mom

Jessica said...

I'm so proud of you for trying something different, and for getting meat!!

The top is totally Saved by the Bell :)