Monday, May 26, 2014

memorial day

This Memorial Day started bright and early with us out the door by 6:30. The kids and I went to watch Chris at a special bootcamp that took place at a park. 


We made a quick stop at my parents so Chris could shower, then headed out to Victoria Gardens. or more specifically the Bass Pro Shop. It had been a while since we last visited. 

We always enjoy testing out the different boats.


Sometimes on days when Chris and I are at a loss as to what to fill the time with for the kids, we'll ask, "If you could do anything you wanted today, what would it be?" My answer usually involves laying by a pool reading a magazine. That has now changed to laying on a boat out on a lake reading a magazine. Ahhhh...if money grew on trees. 


Next we went to Ontario Mills so we could take our boy to drool at his favorite store. :)


On our way home we took advantage of some free hamburger coupons at In & Out (thanks Highland Library!).


As we drove down our street, we were both crossing our fingers that the "quads" (the quadruplets across the street) garage door would be open. Turns out, it was. What did that mean? Only about  five hours our kids were entertained!! :) While they were all playing, I took a long walk with my iPod that felt soooo good. I've noticed that heat helps my headache and so being out in this heat really hit the spot.

Other than that, catching up on the most recent episode of 24 is all that we have planned tonight!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an ingeniously-filled, fun, cheap (free?) day!
Mom