Wednesday, January 7, 2009

back to real life

Chris and I had an awesome time in Vegas. It was the perfect length of time as we have both learned over the years that we are not long vacation people. We tend to be done after about night three or four. Plus, anything above 2 nights in Vegas is a little much for us. Anyway, here are our highlights:

We both loved being able to wake up and just stay in bed for however long we wanted. We still woke up rather early, but to not have to get up and tend to Cam was a nice break. The first morning Chris went and got me breakfast so I could watch Good Morning America and eat my breakfast without ever leaving our bed!



I've said before that we love to eat out, but don't do it terribly often. Vacation is the perfect excuse to do it every meal! My family has always been notorious for spending much of our vacation analyzing where we are going to eat. I think this has rubbed off on Chris as we also enjoy planning out what restaurants we'll eat at ("What about Italian? Hmmm..we had it last night. Well, if we eat here, then we could go here for dessert. Hmmm..what about here?...") Here we are the second night after deciding on Maggiano's.



We love to walk around and people watch. Here we are at the newest hotel, Encore. Very pretty.



Chris enjoys Blackjack, and that's about it. Typically he only plays at the $3 and $5 tables so he can play longer for less money. I think gambling is boring, however Chris couldn't resist sending me to the War table to play a hand. Yes, War, just like when we were kids. The dealer and I flip over a card. The highest one wins. Pretty easy. Luckily after two deals I was up $10. That was it for me! I think the dealer was a little surprised as typically when you are up you want to keep going to continue your "lucky streak". But I like to walk away right then with the knowledge that I just made about three frappuchinos!!



One of the best parts of the trip was the excitement of coming home to Cam. Throughout our time we would both say, "I wonder what Cameron is doing?". So it was quite exciting to get some big squeezes and kisses as soon as we walked through the door. :) Thank you Debbie and Wayne for making it so we could truly relax and never worried about Cameron at all!



p.s. Yes, I cut my hair also. I have been annoyed with it lately as all I ever do is stick it in a pony tale. Yesterday Chris wanted to go to a few golf places to shop around. I saw a Fantastic Sam's across the street and decided to cut it. It isn't anything special, but at least now I have to somewhat do it each day.

7 comments:

The Urke Family said...

kelly, your hair looks GREAT!
and gosh, being able to just stay in bed for the morning sounds Sooooooo nice! for now i guess i'll just dream about a day like that :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!! That is fantastic news!! ;) i love slow mornings too!!

Donna Stark said...

Oh, so glad you had such a great time!...walking away after winning $10--I love it!...your hair looks so cute...yes, and the analyzing-where-to-eat-next activity is FREE!

I know Cam was so happy to see you! Kudos to Wayne & Debbie for giving you this great gift.

Jessica said...

Ahhh, how fun that you could get away with just your hubby.... SO important once you have kids :)

Ross and Amy Free said...

I've never been to Vegas, but it does make me smile to know there is a "War" table.

Jen said...

Yes...your hair is VERY cute! I forgot to tell you that when we talked! LOVE IT...can't believe you got it done at fantastic sams!

Team Harry said...

I do like your hair. Glad you had a great time!! Sounds like my perfect day... getting to wake up and not rush to get out and take care of kids ; )

What a blessing to have grandparetns to watch Cam for you!!